Though we just welcomed the Class of 2022, work in the ICO Admissions Department is never done. This summer, on- and off-campus events were booming. Our team was particularly busy just as OptomCAS opened with activities like these:
- On June 2, our annual Admissions Open House welcomed 115 prospective students and guests.
- The week of June 11, we hosted 11 undergraduate students for our annual Focus on Your Future Summer Program. At the FoYF farewell party, several prospective students called ICO a “family.” They commented on how warm, helpful, and genuinely invested our students, faculty, and staff had been.
- For the Optometry Virtual Fair held on June 12, staff, faculty and students chatted with 115 prospective students from the United States, Canada, India, and Trinidad and Tobago.
- On June 15, we hosted a visit for high school students in a health careers exploration camp.
- Lastly, our neighbors at the Illinois Institute of Technology sent over students from their summer biology program on July 28. Each year, high schoolers visit ICO to learn about optometry as a career. This group of over 20 students received a campus tour, then worked with vectograms, optical illusions, slit lamps, and more.
Together, we are bringing incredible new faces to ICO and the profession. Here’s to the Class of 2023 and beyond!